The objectives of the Materials Science and Technology group, which operates at the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Perugia, in the Polo Scientifico e Didattico of Terni, is to develop knowledge on advanced and traditional materials technologies for their design and production, and their engineering applications.
The areas where the group is primarily active are:
- processing of polymeric materials, composites and nanocomposites;
- characterization of polymeric materials, composites and nanocomposites;
- deposition and characterization of thin films (diamond like, carbon nanotubes, graphene, surface treatments);
- nanostructured polymeric materials for flexible organic electronics: photovoltaics, sensors;
- environmental impact (LCA) and materials recycling technologies;
- finite elements simulation of structures and processes;
- adhesion and polymer-metal interfaces;
- technology transfer.